Where will you spend eternity?
With the rapture right around the corner, this is the question of today: “Where will you spend eternity, when the vapor of your life is gone?” We are spiritual beings, and as such, when physical death casts off this body; our spirit will have to go somewhere. Will it go to heaven with God or separated from Him forever? What is the one thing that would stop us from going to heaven?
Ever since Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden, man has had a problem. By nature, man’s sins separate him from God. Simply put, the wages of sin is death (spiritual death). Our spirit cannot enter into heaven without the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. The Cross is the foundational doctrine of all doctrines. All doctrine must line up with the Cross or it is specious.
However, God had a solution? He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the Cross, which paid for our sin debt in full. Salvation comes by faith. God did more than His part and now it is time for man’s part and response.
To accept God’s solution through His Son’s death, we, because of our problem with sin, have to confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts that Jesus is Lord. Because of free will and for God to save man, man has to call on the Lord for that salvation.
SECURE YOUR ETERNITY
To raise a man from the dead is a great miracle of God but the greatest miracle of all is the raising to life of a dead spirit. So, my brothers and sisters, let’s rejoice as those who have picked up this book because they are interested in knowing more about God. Maybe they seek the salvation of God because of a friend or they are just tired of the life they are living.
If you are unsaved and seek the salvation of God and the eternity promised by Him then pray this prayer with me and mean it in your heart:
I am a sinner and I need a Savior.
Please forgive me of my sins.
I turn away from those sins now.
I accept you as my Lord and Savior.
I thank you for dying for me.
I thank you for saving me and for giving me
eternal life with you.
In your precious name I pray,
If you prayed that prayer, let me be the first to welcome you to the Kingdom brother or sister. This is just the beginning of a wonderful life in Christ. When we Receive Christ, we are born into God’s family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer this is called the “New Birth.” I pray that this book helps you in furthering your relationship with God. God bless you.
To deepen this relationship, you can do a few things now as a follow-up after asking Christ into your heart.
• First, you want to tell somebody that you prayed the prayer of salvation and that Jesus Christ is your savior. You would honor me if I were to hear from you in this regard. However, you can tell anybody. James Lindquist
• The next thing you’ll want to do is get yourself a Bible. This is one of God’s ways of talking to His children and a great way to get to know the essence of Christ. Christ will teach you how to live a righteous and fulfilling life from within the pages of the Bible. However, do not be afraid if you fail at a point, just ask God’s forgiveness, and go on trying again.
• You’ll want to begin talking to God through prayer daily. This strengthens your relationship and builds your confidence in Him.
• Then get into a Bible believing church where they teach Christ and then worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians.
• As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
• Then share with others about the decision you just made in hopes of giving them the chance to accept Christ for a better life.
As a new Christian, you’ll want to share with your brothers and sisters your new decision. This fellowship will also help you so that the world’s view will not lead you astray.
Below is a summary of what you just did and why. You’ll be excited enough to tell others about Christ. God commissioned us to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. You call the words below the Roman’s road and would be a good first study for you. Notice that all verses come from the New Testament book of Romans. It makes things easy to share the love and salvation of Christ with others. There are other ways to share and this is not a dogmatic presentation, just an example. As the saying goes, all roads lead to Rome. (No pun intended.)
THE ROMANS ROAD
• By nature, starting with Adam, through his sins, man separated himself from God. This is man’s problem. (Rom. 3:10-23).
v23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
• Simply put, the wages of our sins is death (Spiritual death) (Rom. 6:23).
v23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
• Jesus paid for our sin debt on the cross. This is God’s solution. (Rom. 5:8).
v8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
• Salvation comes by faith (Rom. 10:9,10).
v9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
v10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
• However, to accept God’s solution through His death, we, because of our problem, have to confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts that Jesus is Lord. Man has to call on the Lord to receive salvation (Romans 10:13). This is man’s response.
v13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
For those who are already believers and just want to seek God on a deeper level, let’s first rejoice with our new brother or sister in Christ. To seek God and know Him is an exciting journey, one that leads us to more understanding and closer relationship each and every day.
If you are a believer and have fallen away, for whatever reason (that’s between you and God), then allow me to pray this prayer with you to help and encourage you.
I have strayed from you Lord and have fallen into
the hog pen. Please forgive me Lord for my rebellion.
Wash me and cleanse me from my stench.
Please Lord; allow me back into the fold. I
resubmit to your authority in my life.
I ask for wisdom to make better decisions. I
offer up to you my body as a living sacrifice.
In your precious name I pray,
If you prayed that prayer, let me be the first to congratulate you on your decision. I have prayed that prayer of rededication myself after a 40-year trip through the hog pen. I pray that this book helps you in furthering your relationship with God.
We are all prodigals in different stages of repair. God bless you and I hope this small book has blessed you.